Special issues in Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale are published as “Special Sections” embedded in regular issues (January, April, July, October).
Proposals for Special Issues must be submitted using this LINK.
The Journal is financially supported by Italian Group of Fracture and by crowdfunding. Neither processing charges nor submission charges are required, and nobody is allowed to request money on behalf of the Journal … but, anyway, donations are welcome: LINK.
Guest Editors must follow the reviewing process that must be performed using the journal website. All the accepted papers must achieve an acceptable quality level, considering:
- Plagiarism/autoplagiarism (all the papers are also checked by the Editor);
- The scientific content
- The English language;
- Paper organization.
- Paper pagination. The respect of the journal template is mandatory since the first submission (refs style included).
The deadline for the papers acceptance is one month before the issue publication date (e.g, February 28th for the April issue).
The final “imprimatur” is given by the Journal Editor-in-Chief or by the Associate Editors.
Papers will be published only after their acceptance and after both the Publishing Agreement and the Visual Abstract will be submitted.
After filling the form (LINK), the Managing Editor, on behalf of all the Guest Editors, will be asked to sign the following agreement:
- before starting all the activities, the guest editors will watch the tutorials available in the https://www.fracturae.com/index.php/fis/SectionEditorsSupport website address, following all the suggestions about the procedures to be followed;
- If still necessary, all the Guest Editors will register themselves in the Journal website, uploading all the necessary metadata..
- The Guest Editors are responsible for ensuring that the review process is conducted according to internationally accepted standards and best practices for scientific journals. The main parameters to be considered during the reviewing process will be: plagiarism/self-plagiarism problems (also checked by the Editor); scientific content; English language; paper organization; paper pagination.
- The Guest Editors activity will concern the reviewing process up to the final decision (“Decline submission” or “Accept submission”). Under no circumstances, the Guest Editors will select “Send to Production” (only the Editor is authorized to do that)
- The Guest Editors declare that no conflicts of interest are present with the IGF or with the invited authors (neither financial nor non-financial).
- The Guest Editors fully agree with the Journal “Publication ethics” and they fully understood and agree that “The Journal is financially supported by Italian Group of Fracture and by crowdfunding and is completely free of charge both for readers and authors. Neither processing charges nor submission charges will be required.”
- The Guest Editors fully understand that the issue will be published as “Section” in the first available standard issue (January, April, July, October).