PhD, Professor in Nanomechanics
NTNU Nanomechanical Lab
Department of Structural Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Richard Birkelands Vei 1A, 7491, Trondheim, Norway
Jianying He is professor in Nanomechanics at Department of Structural Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). She received her BSc and MSc degrees in Materials Science and Engineering from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (BUAA) in 2000 and Beijing University of Science and Technology (USTB) in 2003, and PhD degree in Nanomechanics from NTNU in 2009 with the Best PhD Award in Applied Research. She had work as assistant professor at USTB (2003-2006), postdoctoral research fellow at NTNU (2009-2011), and associate professor at NTNU (2011-2017). Her research focuses on nanomechanics and interface mechanics of energy and functional materials. She is leading the research activities on nanomechanical characteristics of materials and structures, functional surfaces and coatings for low adhesion applications, and multiphysical phenomena. She has (co-)supervised 30+ PhD students in the field of nanomechanics and interface mechanics, and published 190+ papers in peer-reviewed journals. She is honored as one of the outstanding academic fellows at NTNU. She also serves as EXCO member of Nordic Association of Computational Mechanics, senior member of IEEE, EXCO member of IEEE Nanotechnology Nordic Chapter, editorial board member of Nano Express.
• Remote Evaluator, ERC Starting Grant review panel, 2019.
• Co-chair, International Symposium on Materials for Anti-icing, Trondheim, Norway (ISMA2019), Trondheim, Norway, 2019
• Technical program committee, the 13th IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference (NMDC 2018), Portland, USA, 2018.
• Chairman, the 4th International Symposium on Frontier of Applied Mechanics (ISFAM2018), Trondheim, Norway, 2018.
• Technical program committee, the 12th IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference (NMDC 2017), Singapore, 2017.
• Thematic symposium organizer, the 14th International Conference on Fracture, Rhodes, Greece, 2017
• Chairman, HEAT TRANSFER Seminar Norway, Trondheim, Norway, 2017
• Symposium organizer, the 21st European Conference on Fracture, Catania, Italy, 2016
• Chairman, SANKEN Core2Core satellite symposium Printable, Flexible and Wearable Electronic Materials and Mechanics, Trondheim, 2015
• Review panel member, Academy of Finland, Finland, 2015
• Scientific secretary, the 20th European Conference on Fracture, 2014 http://www.ecf20.no/
Editorial and review
• Editorial Board, Nano Express, IOP. Since Oct. 2020.
• Guest editor for the special issue Low Ice Adhesion Surfaces in the journal Coatings. 2020.
• Co-editor for Frontiers in Applied Mechanics. Research Publishing Services. Aug. 2018. ISBN 9789811127298
• Guest editor for the special issue Fracture Nanomechanics in the journal Engineering Fracture Mechanics (volume 150, Dec. 2015)
• Editor for Procedia Materials Science (The 20th European Conference on Fracture, volume 3, total 2206 pages, June 2014)
• Reviewer for more than 30 journals, including Science, Science Advances, Nanoscale, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Chemical Engineering Journal, etc.