Reinforced Soft Soil by CSV with/without Polypropylene fibres: Experimental and Numerical analysis.
Keywords:Soft soil, Triaxial, PLAXIS 3d, Method design of experimental (DOE), Columns sand-cement (CSV), Polypropylene fibers
Columns of mixed soil-sand-cement (CSV), is one of the most unknown used methods for soft soil stabilization that has not been studied before. To this end, in this paper, consolidated drained (CD) triaxial compression tests after have been cured for 28 days, were carried out to investigate the effectiveness of CSV, which is mainly used to reinforce soft soil. Then, the influence of soft soil content (25%, 50%, 75%) on materials of CSV with/without polypropylene (PP) fibers is established. The percentages of soft soils (50%, 75%) are experimentally doable and the remaining percentage (25%) was not successfully experimented; for this exact reason, an empirical formula is established based on the design of experiments (DOE) for calculating the soft soil’s characteristics. Then a numerical study using PLAXIS 3D is developed for studying the embankment building on soil which is reinforced by CSV. It is found that the efficacy of the reinforcement of the soft soil by CSV with/without PP fibers provides with satisfying results. Moreover, the less amount of soft soil on CSV materials the better for deviatoric stress, axial strain, the effective cohesion, the effective friction angle and modulus of elasticity E50. Additionally, when PP fibers is added to CSV material, experimental results were strongly affected. As far as the numerical study, the embankment building on the soil that is reinforced by the CSV shows an improvement in the level of displacement in the three directions, the total displacement and security factor. The variation of materials of CSV content with/without PP fibers, a diverse combination with a relatively lower effect can be easily remarked on the achieved results.
Copyright (c) 2021 Anouar Souadeuk, Zeineddine Boudaoud
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors are allowed to retain both the copyright and the publishing rights of their articles without restrictions.
Open Access Statement
Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale (Fracture and Structural Integrity, F&SI) is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the DOAI definition of open access.
F&SI operates under the Creative Commons Licence Attribution 4.0 International (CC-BY 4.0). This allows to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, to remix, transform and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, but giving appropriate credit and providing a link to the license and indicating if changes were made.