Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale (Fracture and Structural Integrity) is the International Journal of the Italian Group of Fracture (ISSN 1971-8993). It is an open-access journal published online every three months (January, April, July, October).
Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale encompasses the broad topic of structural integrity, which is based on the mechanics of fatigue and fracture and is concerned with the reliability and effectiveness of structural components. The aim of the Journal is to promote works and researches on fracture phenomena, as well as the development of new materials and new standards for structural integrity assessment. The Journal is interdisciplinary and accepts contributions from engineers, metallurgists, materials scientists, physicists, chemists, and mathematicians. The Journal is completely free of charge, both for Readers and for Authors (no APC).
- The Journal is financially supported by the Italian Group of Fracture (IGF) and by crowdfunding. It is completely free of charge both for readers and for authors. Neither processing charges nor submission charges are required.
- Papers can be published only after a preliminary plagiarism/autoplagiarism check and a blind peer-review process (two reviewers, at least). More than one reviewing rounds are possible.
- The Journal is well indexed (e.g., Scopus, since 2012, and WoS, since 2015).
- All the papers are published with their Visual Abstracts (2 minutes max videos with the "cores" of the papers). All the Visual Abstracts are available in a dedicated YouTube channel. All the issues are also published in a browsable version (LINK).
The browsable version is available at this link: LINK
we have great news about Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale – Fracture and Structural Integrity.
First of all, our Journal is now classified in 2021 as a Q2 journal in three different categories:
• Civil and Structural Engineering;
• Mechanical Engineering;
• Mechanics of Materials.
There are two interesting diagrams that should be focused: “Citations per document” and “Cited and Uncited documents”: LINK
All the authors are kindly requested to “push” the visibility of their papers, for example linking the published papers in Facebook, ResearchGate and in all the social media they think could be useful for our goal: improve the visibility and the usefulness of our journal!
We have a second important news: we adopted iThenticate as antiplagiarism software. We are grateful to iThenticate for the “special prize” they applied to FIS as Diamond Open Journal. Ad maiora semper!
Advanced Manufacturing and Processing
Analytical, Numerical and Physical Models
Environmentally Assisted Fracture
Failure Analysis, Case Studies and Forensic Engineering
Fractography and Advanced metallography
Impact & Dynamics
Reliability and Life Extension of Components
Structural Integrity and Durability of Structures
Structural Integrity and Safety: Experimental and Numerical Perspectives
SI: Russian mechanics contributions for Structural Integrity
SI: Failure Analysis of Materials and Structures
Editor in Chief, Co-Editors in Chief and Section Editors oversee the peer review process for the journal, including evaluating submissions, selecting reviewers and assessing their comments, and making editorial decisions. Together with Advisory Editorial Board and the Editorial Board Members, they are involved in the development of journal policies and ethics standards and work to promote Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale to provide resources, support and advice for researchers, especially early researchers, in their journey from writing to publishing their scientific papers while at the same time making free public access to scientific research.