Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale (Fracture and Structural Integrity) is the International Journal of the Italian Group of Fracture (ISSN 1971-8993). It is an open-access journal published online every three months (January, April, July, October).
Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale encompasses the broad topic of structural integrity, which is based on the mechanics of fatigue and fracture and is concerned with the reliability and effectiveness of structural components. The aim of the Journal is to promote works and researches on fracture phenomena, as well as the development of new materials and new standards for structural integrity assessment. The Journal is interdisciplinary and accepts contributions from engineers, metallurgists, materials scientists, physicists, chemists, and mathematicians. The Journal is completely free of charge, both for Readers and for Authors (no APC).
- The Journal is financially supported by the Italian Group of Fracture (IGF) and by crowdfunding. It is completely free of charge both for readers and for authors. Neither processing charges nor submission charges are required.
- Papers can be published only after a preliminary plagiarism/autoplagiarism check and a blind peer-review process (two reviewers, at least). More than one reviewing rounds are possible.
- The Journal is well indexed (e.g., Scopus, since 2012, and WoS, since 2015).
- All the papers are published with their Visual Abstracts (2 minutes max videos with the "cores" of the papers). All the Visual Abstracts are available in a dedicated YouTube channel. All the issues are also published in a browsable version (LINK).
The browsable version is available at this link: LINK
this time we have some news concerning the journal website.
In order to improve the journal website readability, especially using mobile devices, we modified the home page as follows:
- “Online first” papers are now available in a dedicated page (the link is available in the main menu).
- It is possible to be forwarded to the Visual Abstracts YouTube channel using the dedicated link in the column on the right side of the screen.
- The users reports are now collected in a dedicated page of the web site (the link is available in the column on the right side of the screen)
- The “Most Read Articles” section now offers the most read 15 papers in the last 365 days. Results are updated every 15 days.
I wish to remember to all the members of our community that the next IGF conference (IGF27, the 27th International Conference on Fracture and Structural Integrity; www.igf27.eu) will be held in Rome and on web, (February 22-24, 2023).
I wish to underline the 100% of the fees will be used for the:
- event organisation;
- publication of the dedicated Procedia Structural Integrity issue;
- publication of the IGF journal Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale;
- all the other IGF activities (e.g., the website publication).
If you love Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale, and you appreciate it as a good Diamond Open Access journal (no APC), you have only to:
- participate to the IGF27;
- consider Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale for your refs, if you find papers of your interest!
Looking forward to meeting you in Rome!
Advanced Manufacturing and Processing
Analytical, Numerical and Physical Models
Environmentally Assisted Fracture
Fractography and Advanced metallography
Reliability and Life Extension of Components
Structural Integrity and Durability of Structures
SI: Russian mechanics contributions for Structural Integrity
SI: Structural Integrity and fatigue mechanisms: applications and recent trends
SI: IGF26 - 26th International Conference on Fracture and Structural Integrity
SI: Failure Analysis of Materials and Structures
Editor in Chief, Co-Editors in Chief and Section Editors oversee the peer review process for the journal, including evaluating submissions, selecting reviewers and assessing their comments, and making editorial decisions. Together with Advisory Editorial Board and the Editorial Board Members, they are involved in the development of journal policies and ethics standards and work to promote Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale to provide resources, support and advice for researchers, especially early researchers, in their journey from writing to publishing their scientific papers while at the same time making free public access to scientific research.