Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale (Fracture and Structural Integrity) is the International Journal of the Italian Group of Fracture (ISSN 1971-8993). It is an open-access journal published online every three months (January, April, July, October).
Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale encompasses the broad topic of structural integrity, which is based on the mechanics of fatigue and fracture and is concerned with the reliability and effectiveness of structural components. The aim of the Journal is to promote works and researches on fracture phenomena, as well as the development of new materials and new standards for structural integrity assessment. The Journal is interdisciplinary and accepts contributions from engineers, metallurgists, materials scientists, physicists, chemists, and mathematicians.
- The Journal is financially supported by the Italian Group of Fracture (IGF) and by crowdfunding. It is completely free of charge both for readers and for authors. Neither processing charges nor submission charges are required.
- Papers can be published only after a preliminary plagiarism/autoplagiarism check and a blind peer-review process (two reviewers, at least). More than one reviewing rounds are possible.
- The Journal is well indexed (e.g., Scopus, since 2012, and WoS, since 2015).
- All the papers are published with their Visual Abstracts (2 minutes max videos with the "cores" of the papers). All the Visual Abstracts are also available in a dedicated YouTube channel. All the issues are also published in a browsable version. All the issue in browsable version are also published in a dedicated website (LINK).
The browsable journal is available at this link
We have many news for our authors and our readers.
First of all, due to the high number of submissions, it was necessary to deeply transform the organization of the Journal. We canceled the board of Associate Editors. In these years, the members of this board did great work, continuously suggesting new ideas to further improve the journal and we are deeply grateful to Alfredo Navarro, Thierry Palin Luc, Luca Susmel and John Yates for their service for FIS. Now, we created some sections and, for the next submissions, all the authors will be asked to choose a section during the submission process. We activated a “Section Editor panel” that will actively help the Editor in Chief and we wish to welcome the Section Editors, Marco Boniardi, Nicola Bonora, Milos Djukic, Stavros Kourkoulis, Liviu Marsavina, Pedro Moreira: we are sure that their contribution will help the journal to achieve new and better results. In addition, we wish to welcome the new Co-Editor in Chief, Filippo Berto: his experience in the editorial processing and managing will let great improvements.
Among the new services, we can remember:
- The activation of the “Categories”: all the published papers are now categorized with one category at least and, selecting one of the categories available under the section “Browse” in the journal website, all the readers will be able to find immediately the papers focused on the selected category;
- Visual Abstracts: all the visual abstracts are both linked to the corresponding papers and are also available in the dedicated YouTube channel. Now, in the YouTube channel, each Visual Abstract will be linked to the paper with the keywords as Tags, improving in this way the visibility both of Visual Abstracts and papers.
Considering that FIS is characterized by many innovative features, we decided to activate a new page of the website where all these features are collected: https://www.fracturae.com/index.php/fis/Innovation. Please do not hesitate to send us your suggestions.
Advanced Manufacturing and Processing
Analytical, Computational and Physical Models
Environmentally Assisted Fracture
Failure Analysis, Case Studies and Forensic Engineering
Reliability and Life Extension of Components
Structural Integrity and Durability of Structures
SI: IGF25 – International Conference 2019
SI: Structural Integrity and Safety: Experimental and Numerical Perspectives
SI: Fracture and Damage Detection in Masonry Structures
SI: Research activities of the Greek Society of Experimental Mechanics of Materi
SI: Characterisation of Crack Tip Fields
SI: Fracture Mechanics versus Environment
SI: Showcasing Structural Integrity Research in India
SI: New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture
Editor in Chief and Section Editors oversee the peer review process for the journal, including evaluating submissions, selecting reviewers and assessing their comments, and making editorial decisions. Together with Advisory Editorial Board and the Editorial Board Members, they are involved in the development of journal policies and ethics standards and work to promote Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale to provide resources, support and advice for researchers, especially early reaserchers, in their journey from writing to publishing their scientific papers while at the same time making free public access to scientific research.